19 September 2011

The Persistence of Memory

Memories are quite interesting. Time, places, people, thoughts all fade away. Sometimes to be retrieved later, sometimes never to be heard of again.

Tonight, it's extremely hard for me to sleep, for memories keep flooding and invading every region of my mind, heart and spirit. Memories that I thought I got rid of long ago.

Then it hit me *BAMMM*

I never got rid of those memories. Those memories didn't live in notes/letters that I balled up, pictures that I burned, CDs that I scratched , clothing that I ripped, or gifts that I threw away, but they live in the depth of my mind and heart, waiting to break free and remind me of all the good and bad that make me who I am.



[One of my favorite portraits: The Persistence of Memory by Salvador Dali]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...