06 January 2011

Treasure Hunt

I was talking to my best friend on the phone one day and he asked me where I was, since the place was so noisy. I told him I was in a thrift store shopping. His reply was "What is so great about thrift stores? Even my friend here loves going to thrift stores, can you please explain that to me." So here is my explanation....


Imagine for a second you found a treasure map. With that map, there is bound to be something hidden. It may be something worth millions or it may be something worth less than dirt. But the joy doesn't come in knowing what is hidden, it comes in knowing what the possibilities are. The joy comes with the stories that the treasure tells. For me, the thrift store is the treasure map. Inside the store lies ton of clothing. It's an adventure to go through the thrift store. You never know what you will find. Some days you wont find anything, but the very next day, you could find tons of things you like. That's the thrill!

Each shirt, jacket, skirt, pants, belt, purse, earring, scarf, etc tells a different story. And for me, it's always amusing to create a story behind the item. See these earrings, they were worn by Mrs. Tiffany Parks. O Mrs. Parks, was a wealthy women. In fact she was the beauty of the town. Of the very small town. Or this skirt, was worn by Ms. Sue. Although never married, she wore this skirt the day she met the man that changed her life forever...blah blah blah.

This is the joy that going to the thrift store creates in me. That is why I will continue to go on my Treasure Hunt and find what is out there for me to find!!



2 comments:

  1. hahah!!!
    O so true
    now the question is do you make up these stories behind these items?
    With thrifting I've found great items that I KNOW would go for hundreds at a mainstream retails store and other 'eghhh-so-so' items, but what great is that each are one-of-a-kind.

    Rarely will you suffer the embarrassment of going to an event and finding out that 'She has on the exact dress as you!'

    ...hmmm...

    Makes me want to go thrifting NOW!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie,

    Yes girl, I make up all the stories. I can't begin to tell you how many pair of earrings and jackets I have that were worn by successful CEOs and duchesses lol...it just heightens the thrill of thrifting!!

    And I definitely agree with you. I have yet to see someone walking around with the same items I got from the thrift store. It actually affords people the opportunity to truly be unique!!

    Thanks for your insight!! lol

    P.S. we need to make a thrifting trip when I get back :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...